Monday, November 9, 2009

I AM ENGAGED!!!



This past Friday afternoon Mike flew into Heathrow airport and I was there, nervously waiting for him but oh so excited. I was on top of this whole weekend (or so I thought). For the first time in my life, I was on time to the airport, I had the Lion King tickets in my pocket, his oyster card ready and not to mention a detailed itinerary for the entire weekend. Well things don't always go according to plan... sometimes they go better!!!

Saturday morning I walked over to Mike's hotel to pick him up. I had warned Mike about all of the pick-pocketers in London and told him the day before that I would hold his camera and wallet in my bag. As we were leaving the hotel Mike was like, "I have Eric’s camera in my back pocket, I’ll just hold of to it for the day". Thinking in my mind that that was random to say I was just like, " no mike, that is dumb. I'll just put it in my bag, just in case". As I reach back to grab the "camera" the case is getting stuck in his pocket. So of course I pull it out, freaking out, because I know that that is NO CAMERA. Instead of playing along like a smart girl would do I started FREAKING OUT. (but I mean who can blame me, I was in shock!) He quickly grabs the camera and tries to play it off. But I kept persisting with a bunch of questions, such as " Mike, are you serious?" " What is that" " no, no that is not a camera" " Mike!" Then he proceeds to drop down on one knee, and still freaking out I just keep repeating " get up!" " What are you doing?" "Are you serious?!?" Then he gets up and I automatically feel so bad for blowing his surprise. We walk ten steps and we stop and our conversation goes a little something like this:

Me: "I am so dumb"
Mike: "Yep"
ME: "You totally had something planned and I just blew it, huh?"
Mike " Yep"
Me: "Ok, lets not do this now, I can forget about it, lets do it how you planned it"
Mike: "Courtney, you will not forget about this"
ME: " Yes I will"
Mike: " no you wont"
Me: "I am so dumb, lets just go"
Mike: " Courtney, I love you"
Me: "I love you too, but let's just go, I'll forget about it, I promise"
Mike: "Courtney..."

Then he proceeds to take the ring back out of his pocket get back down on one knee and says, " Courtney Anne Calkins, Will you marry me?"Then still in shock, I thought I said, yes but I guess I just went straight to "Are you serious?" He nods. Then I kiss him, and ask him why he is still kneeling. And he goes, " you can say yes..."
oops... my bad.. "YES YES YES"

So that is our cute story, which I am so happy with because it is so us! Me blowing the surprise and Mike being: loving, patient, and putting up with my punching after I found out everyone knew and he had me in the dark for months! That stinker! I do not get surprised that often because everyone knows how curious I get. Props to Mike for keeping it a secret from me for so long and for picking out this beautiful diamond all on his own! I definitely was in shock in the best way possible!!! I love him and I am so happy to be spending time and all eternity with him!!

11 comments:

lovers letters said...

i've commented on just about everything, but i'm so happy for you! can't wait to hear all the wedding details! xo

Aubrey said...

Courtney, congratulations! And what a beautiful ring!! I am thrilled for you both.

Emmy Gagon said...

wooooo best day ever. so happy i got to be a semi part of it. i love it all so much!

Kristin said...

Love it, love it.

Liese said...

yay! congrats! I am so happy for you! p.s. cute story!

Ali said...

Congratulations!!! Beautiful ring...I cannot wait to see it in person!!! Wahoo!!!

The Byrd Family said...

YAY!!! I'm soooo excited for you! Congrats!

Megan said...

ok cutest story ever! and yes, TOTALLY you. ps. weird that i knew he was proposing? ha, i've never even met the guy...you can never keep secrets in provo;) good thing you have been in london! you look so beautiful court!!! CONGRATS!

Bryce & Nicole said...

Court congrats! So excited for you! Do you have a date? I loved Lion King in New York I'm sure it was amazing with Mike in London! xoxoxo Nicole

Kristen said...

That story is hilarious! You guys are so cute. Congratulations!

Karly Kimball said...

Soooo cute!!! Can I just say I am so happy for my bestie who is getting married to an amazing guy!!! :)